Shrimp and Riced Cauliflower Recipe
This Shrimp and Riced Cauliflower recipe is a low carb, low Weight Watchers Points recipe and makes a delicious dinner for the whole family.
This entree uses already riced cauliflower you can get from the store. If you prefer, you can make your own using cauliflower florets.
With only 4 FreeStyle SmartPoints, this meal will not make you go over your daily allowance.
Counting carbs instead of points? This recipe has only 3 grams of carbs so it will fit within your diet program.
Below are the list of ingredients, directions, recipe nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Shrimp and Riced Cauliflower
This recipe is not only tasty, it's quick and easy to make. So if you are short on time, then plan this shrimp meal for dinner tonight.
Recipe Type: entree, seafood
Degree of Difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb shrimp (21 to 25), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs garlic clove, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch parsley
- Place frozen (or fresh) cauliflower rice in microwavable dish. Cook uncovered for about 4 - 5 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Using medium high heat, place olive oil and butter in large skillet.
- Add garlic to skillet as butter begins to melt.
- Cook garlic just until fragrant (do not brown).
- Add shrimp to skillet in a single layer.
- Turn heat to high and cook shrimp for about 3 minutes.
- Turn shrimp over and cook the other side for another 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and cover until ready to serve.
- Place 1/4 cup of cauliflower rice on each plate.
- Add approximately 6 Shrimp on top of rice to each plate and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 6 minutes
Nutrition Facts for Shrimp and Riced Cauliflower
Nutrition facts shown below are per serving. The number of serving is noted in the header section below.
The serving size is the first item noted on the nutrition facts table.
|Nutrition Per Serving
Number of Servings: 4
| Sat Fat
Green: 5 pts
Blue: 4 pts
Purple: 4 pts
Other Weight Watchers Points
Plus: 5 pts
Points: 4 pts
The shrimp and cauliflower rice was not used to calculate the Blue and Purple MyWW SmartPoints.
All other points do not include the cauliflower rice.
You can change this up by using different spices and seasonings to give this shrimp and riced cauliflower recipe a new taste.
Here are various methods of cooking cauliflower rice from epicurious that you can try.
This garlic lemon cod recipe is a tasty, light and healthy main dish for lunch or dinner.
You will love the creamy pesto sauce in this pasta dish. Toss in the shrimp and it's a whole new taste.
Spice it up tonight and go Cajun cooking with this catfish recipe. Add some mixed veggies for a zero point side dish.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this juicy dessert. Use frozen or fresh fruits for this recipe.
If you are looking for something other than the typical Quiche Lorraine, then give this one a try.
You will be sweet on these wings as an appetizer, party food or even make it the star of the night as the main dish.
With chicken breast now a zero point food item on the FreeStyle plan, many of these recipes are low in SmartPoints so you won't go over your allowance.
Benefits of Fish
Not only is fish now a Weight Watchers zero points item, there are many health benefits as well. Check out this article.
Reduce Fat with Cooking Methods
Change up how you cook certain recipes to reduce your fat intake. Use these tips to reduce your fat in the foods you eat.