Bacon Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
This bacon stuffed beef tenderloin is stuffed full of flavor. It's a grill master's dream and is sure to please all steak lovers.
This is filled with turkey bacon and corn bread stuffing. It's seasoned with a butter, garlic and herb brush that will wake up your taste buds.
When you want to heat up your taste buds but not the house, uncover the grill and get cookin. So put on your grill master apron and let's get grilling.
Add some grilled veggies and potatoes to complete this meal.
Below are the list of ingredients, directions, recipe nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Bacon Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
It's grilling season. This recipe has a ton of flavor and is perfect for all steak lovers.
Recipe Type: Beef, Grilled, Main Dish
Degree of Difficulty: Moderate
Ingredients for Stuffing
- 8 slices turkey bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 Tbsp Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup water
Ingredients for Steaks
- 4 (6-oz.) boneless beef tenderloin steaks (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbs garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 tbs butter melted
Directions for Stuffing
- Cook bacon in a large skillet on medium heat until almost crisp.
- Place bacon on paper towels and let cool.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add onions to the skillet and sauté for approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cornbread stuffing mix and water to skillet mixing well.
- Remove from heat.
- Crumble bacon slightly and stir into stuffing mix.
Directions for Steaks
- With a sharp knife, create a pocket in the side of each steak.
- Spoon in stuffing mixture.
- Melt butter in microwave. Brush on both sides of the steaks.
- Mix in garlic and herb seasoning.
- Brush butter mixture on both sides of the steaks.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill and cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Turn steaks and cook an addition 4 to 6 minutes (or until desired doneness).
- Remove from grill and cover with foil. Allow steaks to rest for a couple of minutes.
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts for Bacon Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
Nutrition facts shown below are per serving. The number of serving is noted in the header section below.
The serving size is the first item noted on the nutrition facts table.
|Nutrition Per Serving
Number of Servings: 8
||1/2 Steak (3 oz)
| Sat Fat
Weight Watchers Points
SmartPoints: 10 pts
Non FreeStyle: 10 pts
Plus: 8 pts
Points: 8 pts
All ingredients were included when calculating the Weight Watchers Points.
To broil the bacon stuffed beef tenderloin, place on broiler pan; broil 4 to 6 inches from heat using times above as a guide, turning once.
You can use regular bacon if desired for more flavor. This will add a lot more calories and WW points, so be sure to adjust the nutrition accordingly.
Bite into this bold BBQ tasting sandwich for something different.
This juicy delicious grilled steak has lots of flavor for steak lovers.
Fire up the grill and stuff yourself with this flavorful stuffed ribeye steak.
This quick and easy sandwich will melt in your mouth and the tuna is a zero points food item on the FreeStyle plan.
This crustless quiche makes for a delicious hot meal without extra carbs or Weight Watchers Points.
This grilling recipe makes for a tasty appetizer or use it for the main dish.
If you are in the mood for chicken tonight, then try one of these recipes.
Eating Before Exercise
To eat or not to eat before your workout? That is the question. Read this article to find the answer.
Reduce Fat with Cooking Methods
Cooking at home gives you the control over the way the food is prepared and minimizing the fat content.