Tomato Basil Quiche Recipe
This quiche recipe makes for a unique breakfast or brunch idea. It's also a great dinner recipe with the tomato, basil and garlic flavors.
If you are looking for something other than the typical Quiche Lorraine, then give this one a try. This breakfast recipe is made with reduced
fat sour cream, making it a healthier meal with fewer calories and fat.
On this page you will find a list of ingredients, step by step directions, nutrition information and the new MyWW Smart Points and other WW points for
Tomato, Basil Quiche
This is not your typical quiche recipe. The added flavors of the basil and the juiciness of the tomatoes makes this meal one to remember.
Recipe Type: Breakfast, Brunch, Main Dish
Degree of Difficulty: Moderately difficult
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) pie shell
- 1 1/2 cups Reduced fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup NESTLE CARNATION Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups fresh or canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk sour cream, evaporated milk, 1/4 cup cheese, eggs, salt and pepper in medium bow
- Pour into pie shell.
- Combine remaining cheese, breadcrumbs, basil and garlic in small bowl.
- Sprinkle over egg mixture.
- Top with tomatoes and olives.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 1 hour
Nutrition facts shown below are per serving. The number of serving is noted in the header section below.
The serving size is the first item noted on the nutrition facts table.
|Nutrition Per Serving
Number of Servings: 8
| Sat Fat
Green: 10 pts
Blue: 9 pts
Purple: 9 pts
Other Weight Watchers Points
Plus: 8 pts
Points: 7 pts
The Tomatoes, spinach, parsley and eggs are not included in the MyWW SmartPoints calculation for the Blue and Purple plans.
All other points do not include the tomatoes, spinach and parsley.
To reduce some of the fat, use low fat items like low fat sour cream or low fat cheeses. You can also make this healthier by using
egg white or even skipping the crust.
If you loved this quiche recipe, you may also want to try this Quiche
Lorraine for your next breakfast or brunch.
Check out these egg white omelette bites for another tasty breakfast
Spice up your morning with these breakfast burritos filled with eggs, potatoes and veggies and topped with flavor.
Try whipping up some of these granola bars for a quick breakfast meal
or a snack during the day.
This fun and easy breakfast recipe uses fruits instead of ice cream to
make a traditional treat a healthy breakfast.
This chicken alfredo pasta bake uses low fat items for the sauce so you save on calories and WW Points.
This garlic lemon cod recipe is a tasty, light and healthy main dish - plus all the health benefits of fish.
This fun dessert uses a half of a banana to create a popsicle. Just add some tasty toppings.
Weight Watchers Points Tracker
Download this free spreadsheet to track the foods you eat, your daily and weekly allowance and your activity points.
Lose Belly Fat
Before you spend time doing 100 crunches, learn what it really takes to lose that excess belly fat.
Banana Pop Recipe
Try these bananas rolled in your favorite sprinkles and toppings. It's fun to make and eat and the whole family will love making their special