Breakfast Burrito Recipe
This breakfast burrito recipe is covered in a tasty, and a bit spicy, green chili sauce.
This breakfast meal has it all - bacon, eggs, potatoes and veggies. You can modify this recipe to make it healthier by using turkey bacon or turkey sausage.
You can also use ham which is a leaner meat.
Skip the meats all together and add more veggies to make this a healthier start to your day. To reduce the Weight Watchers points even more, try using a low carb, high protein
tortilla or skip the wrap all together.
Below you will find the information for this breakfast recipe - Ingredients, directions, nutrition and Weight Watchers points.
Green Chili Breakfast Burrito
The ingredients and directions below for this breakfast burrito recipe is shown for burritos and green chili separately.
Recipe Type: Breakfast, Mexican
Degree of Difficulty: Moderate
Ingredients - Burritos
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3/4 lb Red potatoes, boiled until tender and diced
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 thick-cut bacon slices
- 6 eggs
- 6 Whole Wheat Tortillas, small
- 3 oz cheddar cheese (reduced fat), shredded
- 2 Tbs olive oil
Ingredients - Green Chili
- 3 can (6 oz) Green Chili Peppers, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) Diced Tomato
- 1 each jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1 each onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Directions for Burritos
- While the green chili sauce is simmering, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in non-stick skillet.
- Add the red and green bell peppers and cook for about 8 - 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes and cook for another 3 - 5 minutes or until potatoes are warm.
- While bell peppers are cooking, fry the bacon pieces until crispy.
- Beat together the eggs and a touch of skim milk.
- Cook eggs (scrambled).
- Add bell peppers and crumble the bacon into the eggs. Stir together slightly.
- Place a large spoonful of the egg mixture onto whole wheat tortilla.
- Place 2 tablespoons of green chili on top of egg mixture.
- Fold tortilla shell and place seam side down on microwave safe plate.
- Top burrito with more green chili (about 1/4 cup).
- Place 1/2 oz shredded cheese on top of burrito.
- Heat in microwave just until cheese is melted.
- Optional: Serve with salsa and/or sour cream.
Directions for Green Chili
- Saute onions in large saucepan lightly coated with olive oil.
- Once onions are tender, add cans of green chilis, canned tomatoes, garlic salt, cumin, diced jalapeno and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer about 10 or 15 minutes.
- combine 2 tablespoons of flour with water. Add water slowly and whisk together until it is a creamy consistency.
- Pour flour/water mixture into green chili mixture slowly, and whisk until well blended.
- Let simmer another 5 - 10 minutes until green chili sauce has thickened. Turn off heat.
Nutrition Facts for Breakfast Burrito Recipe
Nutrition facts shown below are per serving. The number of serving is noted in the header section below.
The serving size is the first item noted on the nutrition facts table.
|Nutrition Per Serving
Number of Servings:6
| Sat Fat
Blue: 6 pts
Purple: 5 pts
Weight Watchers Points
Note: The veggies, eggs & potatoes are not included in the MyWW purple points. Eggs and veggies are not included in the blue and
no veggies were included in all other points values.
To reduce carbs, calories and points, make this a naked burrito (no tortilla). If you want this less spicy, skip the jalepenos. For more
spice, add the jalepeno seeds.
In addition to this breakfast burrito recipe try making these granola bars for a quick
breakfast, snack or dessert.
Here's a breakfast burrito recipe you can make ahead of time and freeze
for a quick, hot breakfast.
Who says you can't have dessert for breakfast? Try this tasty treat made with fruits instead of ice cream.
This breakfast recipe is sweet all by itself so you can skip the maple syrup and reduce the WW points.
The creamy goodness in this soup recipe will warm you up on even the coldest days.
Spice it up with this nacho recipe. Made with ground turkey so it's a healthier version of an old classic.
No need to top these turkey burgers with cheese as it's all in the middle.
Reading Food Labels
Understand how to read food labels so that you know the nutritional information for the foods you eat and the recipes you make.
Reduce Fat Through Cooking Methods
Limit your fats by changing some traditional cooking methods to a healthier alternative.
Use this free online tool to find out your BMR and how many calories you need to consume to maintain your weight.