Low Carb Chicken Nuggets Recipe
These low carb chicken nuggets will fill you up without all those extra carbohydrates. They are baked, not fried, so you reduce the fats as well.
You can feel good about serving these to your kids giving them something they love that is a healthier alternative to traditional nuggets.
So warm up the oven, get out the ingredients and whip this up for lunch or dinner today.
Serve these with a healthy side and your favorite low carb dipping sauce.
Below are the list of ingredients, directions, recipe nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Low Carb Chicken Nuggets
If you are in the mood for chicken nuggets, but are trying to reduce your carbs, then this is a must try recipe. This is easy to make and tasty to eat.
Recipe Type: Main Dish, Chicken, Low Carb
Degree of Difficulty: Easy
- 3 each chicken breast, skinless cut into chunks
- 3 each eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbs half-and-half
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix eggs and cream.
- In a separate bowl (or ziploc bagging), place almond flour, flaxseed meal, parmesan cheese and seasonings. Mix to blend together (or shake the bag).
- Cut chicken breast into chunks (or strips if you prefer).
- While oven is pre-heating heating, dip chicken chunks into egg mixture and then into dry mixture fully coating chunk.
- Set aside on plate.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place nuggets on baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 12 - 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and low carb side.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Nutrition facts shown below for the low carb chicken nuggets are per serving. The number of servings is noted in the header section below.
The serving size is the first item noted on the nutrition facts table.
|Nutrition Per Serving
Number of Servings: 6
||1/2 chicken breast
| Sat Fat
Green: 8 pts
Blue: 5 pts
Purple: 5 pts
Other Weight Watchers Points
Plus: 8 pts
Points: 8 pts
The chicken and eggs were not used to calculate the Blue and Purple MyWW points for these low carb chicken nuggets.
Depending on the size of the chicken chunks, you may need more or less cooking time. Take one and cut into it to see if the chicken is cooked through.
Almond flour, while great for reducing carbs, can get expensive. So try making your own Almond Flour with this how to.
Add some tart cranberries and sweet apples and you've changed a traditional pot pie into something extra special.
For this recipe, we've made it a healthier version of a traditional meal. The sauce is low fat and still so tasty.
Be sure to set out plenty of napkins as this meal can get messy but tastes scrumptious.
Try this dip for your low carb chicken nuggets. With only 1 SmartPoint, you won't go over your allowance.
The flavor Parmesan is not only good for these nuggets, it's great on this tilapia for a fresh fish dinner idea.
Start your meal off with this low carb appetizer. The avocados give this favorite a creamy flavor.
For even more lunch and dinner ideas, check out all the entree recipes on this website.
Low Carb Diet Benefits
Low carb diets offer many benefits that go beyond just weight loss. Check out this article to learn more.
Low Carb Diet Reviews
Check out these reviews on some of the more popular low carb diets like Atkins, the Zone Diet and more.