Upper Body Stretches
The neck stretches are the last of the upper body stretching exercise
videos in this series.
This is a great one especially for those of you who sit at a computer
or desk for long periods of time during the day.
It's not your typical side to side or back of the neck that you will be stretching.
Instead, this one focuses on the muscles located in the front of the
The reason it focuses on this area is these are the muscles that get
tight while you sit.
The muscles in the back are getting longer as your head tends to jut
out and down as you work at the computer.
So to offset this, you want to stretch and lengthen the muscles of the
front of the neck.
Stretch #6 - Neck Stretches
For these stretches, you will be doing the same move for the front
middle of the neck as well as the front sides of the neck.
- Standing up straight, or sitting down nice and straight,
place your hands at the collar bone.
- Pull down slightly with the hands.
- Now lift your head back to the point where you feel the
- Hold this stretch for 20 - 30 seconds.
- Turn your head about 45 degrees to the right.
- Place your right hand on the skin just under the neck and
pull down slightly.
- Lean your head back until you feel the stretch.
- Hold the stretch for 20 - 30 seconds and repeat for the
Watch the video below to ensure you are doing the this move
Not all mobile devices will display the video correctly. If you are not
seeing the full video (or it's not displaying at all), click
to view the neck
Target Heart Rate Chart
What's your target heart rate zone for workout out? Check out
chart to find out and get the most from your exercises.
Weight Loss Workouts
Use these example workouts to help you lose weight. If you are not sure
where to get started, these samples can help you build your weekly
Weight Loss Calculator
Use this free online tool to find out how many calories you need to
lose the weight you want. It will even estimate how long it will take
you to reach your goals.