Low Back Stretches
Back Stretching Exercises Video Series
There are several low back stretches in this back stretching exercise
video. The only equipment required for these is an exercise mat.
If you are experiencing lower back pain, then keeping these muscles
stretch can help you relieve the pain.
As with any back exercise, if you start to feel any undue stress, then
lighten the stretch or stop all together.
The focus area for these stretches are for the entire back but will
help stretch the lowe back region.
The muscles targeted in these stretching exercises are the extensor
muscles, which include the large paired muscles in the lower back
The other back muscles targeted are latissimus dorsi muscles. These run
symmetrically along the backbone.
Exercise #2 - Low Back Stretches
Below are the insructions for these low back stretches.
Kneel down on the mat and sit back on your heels.
- Reach your arms in front of you placing your hands, palms
down, on the mat.
- Slowly drop your head and place your forehead on the mat.
Your back should be rounded at this point.
- Hold this stretch and remember to breath.
- Start on the mat on your hands and knees with arms about
shoulder width and knees hip width apart.
- As you exhale out, round your back dropping your head down
to get the full back stretch.
- Hold in this position for 10 seconds or so.
- Release that stretch and go in the opposite direction,
arching your back and lifting your head up towards the ceiling. Hold
this for 10 seconds or so.
- Keep alternating this stretch.
- Starting in a standing position with legs at hip position.
- Slowly drop your head rolling down through the back.
- Keep rolling down through the spine as far as you
- Hold this stretch for 10 seconds or so.
- Now slowly come up, again rolling up through the spine and
raising your head and shoulders last.
- Repeat this several times.
Watch the video below to ensure you are doing the this move correctly.
any additional notes here.
Not all mobile devices will display the video correctly. If you are not
seeing the full video (or it's not displaying at all), click
to view these low back stretches on youtube
Free tips and recipes monthly. What
do you have to lose...except some weight.....Sign up now.
Stretching not only you back but your entire body. There are many benefits to stretching exercises.
Exercise Calorie Calculator
Find out how many calories you burned during your workout with this
free online calculator. You can choose from different exercises, sports and even fun activities.
If you have not yet started your exercise routines, then use these tips
to get moving now.